Foundations of the Same House: NVC and Buddhism Supporting Each Other (4 wks)
NVC and Buddhism are both mindfulness practices that can help you find renewed aliveness and connection.
Combine them and they open you up to the flow of life – both within and in relation to others. Each adds accessibility, depth and insight to the other. They share very common and very fertile ground.
In this course you will form an online learning and practicing community where you will explore how NVC brings life to Buddhist principles and values, and learn how a Buddhist practice can deepen and support your capacity to live NVC in daily life.
The exploration is geared to help you to live in alignment with values such as awareness, compassion, nonviolence, acceptance and loving kindness.
You will use the lens of both practices to find ways to stay in tune with your spirituality. You will look into your interactions with others and heighten your awareness of your own inner dialog.
What You Can Expect:
- Easier and steadier access to presence, awareness and self-connection in relationships and in challenging situations
- Illumination of basic Buddhist and NVC principles
- Connection with a community interested in bringing NVC and Buddhism into daily life
- An understanding of how to live Buddhist precepts of non-harming, mindful speech and deep listening
- To discover useful tools to create a culture of compassionate communication
Who is this course for?
If the combination of Buddhism and NVC interests you, please join Roberta for Foundations of the Same House: NVC and Buddhism Supporting Each Other. Anyone curious about Buddhist practices and/or NVC is welcome to attend – no previous experience with either is necessary!
Dates & Times