The Power of Community – Ecovillage Living and Design (3 days)
‘THE POWER OF COMMUNITY’
– a 3-day Workshop on ECO-VILLAGE LIVING & DESIGN
at Tahawai Marae, Pakuranga
FRI 14th – SUN 16th JUNE 2019
Facilitator: Kosha Joubert, Executive Director, Educator & Networker for the Global Ecovillage Network (GEN)
Support Facilitators: Thalea Tane (Te Roroa, Ngāti Whātua, Ngāpuhi) & Robina McCurdy (Tui Community & Earthcare Education Aoteaora)
Are you curious about regenerative community living and how ecovillage design can support you to take action and transform your life, project or community?
This experiential training takes you on a participatory journey through the framework of whole systems thinking and participatory design that is at the heart of the global ecovillage movement.
• Learn about GEN’s 30 Ecovillage Design Principles and the GEN map of social, ecological, cultural and economic regeneration – and how to apply this in your own life;
• Engage actively in mapping, design and community-building exercises grounded in decades of hands-on experience in regenerative communities;
• Learn about inspiring solutions from ecovillages around the world, including their different approaches to socio-economic structures
• Learn about how ecovillage development is a powerful a tool for climate change adaptation and reaching the UN Sustainable Development Goals;
• Experience and practice participatory tools for building community and mobilising collective action.
• Discuss how GEN could support NZ initiatives and about forming a GEN group in this country, as part of GENOA (GEN Oceania Asia)
Who for? People involved in:
• Land-based intentional communities
• Māori – whanau, hapū, Iwi, pan-Māori communities/organisations/Papakāinga
• Co-housing dwellers
• Neighbourhood communities
• Social Housing/Community (Development) Organisations/NGO’s
• Social Housing Groups
• Government Agencies
• Any interested people/parties
If you can not attend the whole event, there is an option to attend two
days, or just one day if thats all you can manage, however you are
strongly encouraged to attend the whole event as foundation-laying
content will not be repeated.
COST: is based on income-based sliding scale – you determine your place
along this scale, also with consideration for the value of the training
Lowest: winz beneficiaries, low income, students
3 days: $480 – $230
2 days: $330 – $165
1 day: $180 – $90
Tickets include all meals and accommodation at the marae venue.
Our ticket sales close at 9pm on Friday 31st June, and we wish to make
sure that this
special workshop is fully attended, so please register as early as
For Registration Form and Bank Details, email:
Please get in touch if you need any help or would like further
For more about Kosha’s New Zealand events view,
And facebook page:
E hara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engāri he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many.